Welcome to A Smarter Mom!
My name is Morgan Reece and no, I don't think I'm smarter.
I'm on a journey to become smarter, and I hope you'll join me. I'll explain that in a minute ...
I live in Stillwater, Oklahoma, with my husband and most of our six children (the ones not yet in college).
My ideal readers fall into one of several categories:
- Those who are just starting out on this motherhood journey, and want a little direction navigating the tsunami of information on the internet;
- Those who welcome regular encouragement from a friend who says, "God hand-picked your challenges, so I know you can do it with His help!"
- Those who need to figure out a way to save and/or make more money while still being the primary caregiver at home.
- Those who are sick and tired of being sick and tired.
The woman in this last group is worn out from trying to wear too many hats and juggle too many balls and do it all perfectly.
She wants to be a good wife and mom but the voices in her head scream at her that she's a failure because:
- the house is a mess …
- her children don’t listen …
- her husband doesn't even understand her.
She is frustrated by advice like, “Start your day earlier,” and “Delegate.”
She has already tried so hard and is at the end of her rope, and there is nobody she trusts to care enough about any of the things that others say she should “delegate.”
She is in bondage to her own expectations, disappointments, inadequacies and inability to find answers to the depression, discouragement, chronic fatigue … and loneliness.
She has tried to be Supermom for so long, she has lost her joy of living.
She is tired of working so hard and never feeling like she is spending quality time with her children … like she is a stranger to her own family.
She's tired of going to doctors who say there's nothing wrong with her. Her chronic fatigue, brain fog, irritability and depression tell her there's something really wrong.
Happy is a place she vaguely remembers visiting but she doesn't know how to get back there.
She wonders what happened to the fun girl her husband married.
A good day ain't got no pain.
She says, A bad day's when I lie in bed and think of things that might have been.
~ Paul Simon
Slip Slidin' Away
We live in an age of incredible conveniences and technology, so why on earth are we so exhausted?
"If information was the answer, then we'd all be billionaires with perfect abs."
~ Derek Sivers, fourhourworkweek.com › 2015/12/28
The most important part of becoming A Smarter Mom is developing a smarter mindset, the mindset that is grounded in being sober, appreciative, and having the faith to believe that God can solve all of my problems … and that He wants to.
We don't need another diet book or checklist.
We need a simple strategy for developing a biblical lifestyle, replacing our old habits that have sabotaged our health, family, and productivity goals with a new attitude and a new way of life.
- For health issues, there is a roadmap of simple habits that support the body’s natural detoxifying and hormone-balancing systems.
- For home management, systems provide the margin she desperately needs, while embracing Biblical truth will enable her to enter God’s promised rest.
- For all her relationships, biblical principles will help her connect with her family again.
We can learn how to forgive, how to stop being so controlling, how to be less insecure, more flexible, and discover freedom from bad habits by putting on the mind of Christ.
Whether you need help for establishing healthy habits, enjoying your children, rekindling the love in your marriage, or success in business, it all starts with winning the battle for your mind.
Sign up for my transformation project where I share how God is speaking to me and changing me.
He wants to change you too, to help you believe that He loves you and has good plans for you, to bring you an expected end and a hope.
So, how about it? Are you ready to join me on the journey to becoming A Smarter Mom?